Thursday, January 30, 2020

Paper Piecing with Lily Pad Dies

Paper Piecing with Lily Pad Die
I love paper piecing, and the Lily Pad Dies are beautiful when done with this technique.  I love watching it come together.  This card looks like it is just die cut and letting the paper under the solid card stock show through, but paper piecing the flower gives it a smooth finished look.  I will list the supplies I used below.  the only thing that will not appear in my supply list is my navy seam binding ribbon.  I grabbed some from my sewing room. 
My base card is 4 1/4 x 11 inches scored and folded making a wide or landscape
 card.  Next I chose a piece of Lily Impressions Designer Series Paper cut 5 1/4 x 4 inches and centered it on the front of my card.  
I cut a piece of Balmy Blue Card Stock 4 3/4 x 3 1/2 inches.  I die cut my flower from Whisper White card stock.  Glue the whisper white die on your blue card stock in the place you want it. Next, die cut the same flower from a scrap of your DSP paper.You may want to move your die over your paper to pick up your print and colors where you want them to appear in your flower.  After you run your die through, carry it over to your work place on the plate, so your pieces won't move, scatter, or get lost on the floor.  This is the voice of experience speaking!  Then, just start transfer the inside pieces of the cut die to the inside of your flower using just a small dot of glue.  It doesn't take much to hold it in place.  I find it best to put the tiny drop of glue inside the white flower, then place the paper piece in using tweezers.  Die cut your stem and add it last.  
I used a sentiment from the Peaceful Moments Stamp set, and die cut it using the Stitched Nested Labels.  
Before I assembled the card front, I wrapped a navy blue seam binding ribbon around the card stock and tied it on the stem. I added the sentiment on top using dimensionals to help anchor down the ribbon.  Then I attached the completed card stock on top of the front of the card with dimensionals.
It doesn't take very long to complete, but I must warn you, it can be addictive!
Happy Stamping!
Product List

1 comment: