Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Peaceful Poppies Card

 
Peaceful Poppies Card
(Great for giving Gift Cards)

I use this style of card when I am giving gift cards for Birthday gifts, or wedding gifts especially.  Gift cards are so pretty now, why not show them off?
I have listed the supplies I used at the bottom of the Blog.
This card is a standard size card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches.  It is a tall card with the fold at the top and opening up from the bottom.
I folded a piece of Poppy Parade card stock that was 4 1/4 x 11 inches in half scoring it at the 5 1/2 inch mark.  Then I cut the front panel short leaving only 1 1/2 inch flap at the top.  From the piece I cut off, I cut a piece 4 1/4 x 1 1/2 inches.  This is the bottom of the front panel.  I layered both the flap at the top and the strip at the bottom with white card stock (4 x 1 1/4 inches, and your Designer Series Paper 3 3/4 x 1 inch).  Then you will need to cut a piece of clear window sheet 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches.  With double sided tape, attach it under the top flap lining it up straight at the fold and the sides.  You may have to trim the sides and bottom a little if you wish when you finish.  It is difficult to get it perfect.  At least I have a little problem with it sometimes.  Once it is attached, use your double sided tape to add your strip on top of your window at the bottom of the card.  On the inside of the card, I attached a piece of Whisper White card stock 4 x 5 1/4 inches. I added a couple of the Peaceful Poppies Elements to the card to finish it.  There is no stamping on this card.  When I wish to give it, I will attach a gift card on the inside with a tiny glue dot just to hold it in place, and add my wishes at the bottom where the bottom strip will cover them.  Easy!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment