Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Timeless Tropical Card

Timeless Tropical Bundle
I have not gotten tired yet of creating with these dies and tropical print paper.  The pineapple dies are my favorite.  I will list below the supplies needed to create this card, but I will offer a substitute to the washed water colored background I created here.  To create my background I used a piece of water color paper cut 3 3/4 x 5 inches.  Small enough to let the print show well around it.  I used Bermuda Bay ink refill.  Just two drops and a few drops of water, and a few drops of Gamsol (a pure mineral spirit).  You can purchase it in any craft store that carries art supplies.  This helps your background to dry very fast as well.  To flatten your paper back out before applying it to your card, I misted the back side lightly and pressed it slightly.  You may not need to do this, but sometimes it helps.  The rest of the card is created using the Tropical Dies, a stitched circle die to create the yellow print background, and a stitched rectangle die for the sentiment.   Tucked in some die cut leaves and added 3 Champagne Rhinestones.
If you are not interested in water coloring, You could substitute a piece of Sea Foam colored Card Stock, or Mint Macaron as your background.  I will list those in my supply list for you to see.
Retirement cards are hard for me to put together.  This sentiment is perfect for that.  You will see more tropical cards from me.  The more I work with these beautiful papers, the more ideas I have.  Truly, one of the prettiest DSP packs we have had.  Seems like I say that every catalog.  

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment