Tuesday, February 18, 2020

A Good Man

A Good Man
I have a work shop coming up in a couple of weeks that will feature "Guy Cards".  That is, cards that are masculine, and you could use for a guy's birthday or Father's Day.  We tend to overlook making these cards sometimes with all the beautiful stamps available to make cards for us to appreciate.  I like to take a break from all that at times and just make an evening of putting together some cards for the fellas in my life.
Here is a simple card featuring the Stamp set  A Good Man.  I used a Crumb Cake Card Stock as the base; cut 4 1/4 x 11 inches and scored at the 5 1/2 inch mark. I made it a tall card (Vertical) with the fold at the top of the card.  That way I could wrap the twine around the front panel.  The background is the Burlap background stamp on white card stock. The Burlap background stamp is now retired (I didn't remember that when I created this card), but I linked the crackle paint background stamp below as an alternative.  It will look just as nice.  It just gives a textured background.  You can always find a printed paper to use as a background as well. After adhering the stamped white card stock on the front of the card base, I ran a snail adhesive down the front under the place where my man will be sitting.  I pressed the end of my linen thread into it and started wrapping the thread around the card until I liked it, stopping at the adhesive again.  I used dimensionals on top of the thread ends and a couple others to set my man on.     I will list the rest of the items I used below. 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment