Saturday, January 28, 2017

Somedays You Just Have To Play!



When I started pulling out dies, embossing folders, and card stock today I had no idea what I was going to come up with.  It's nice what you have a couple of hours to just play with tools you have on hand and create at will.  There is actually more work involved in these than it seems.  Each tea cup is backed with a piece of die cut card stock to give then more stability, then stacked and mounted.  I just found it tons of fun to mix and match paper to give a whimsical look to these cards.  I listed a set on my Etsy store (I will link the listing below).
The die I used to cut these cups is called Cups & Kettle from Stampin Up.  It is a retired set.  So---
The tip of the day is---if you see something in a seasonal catalog that you love.  Don't wait to see if it will be appearing in the annual catalog.  Many of their sets and accessories retire with each catalog.  Some items sell out.  I love owning this set.  I have been asked to make several custom orders with it for events and teas.
The other tip for the day--take time occasionally to just play with your stamps and dies.  Inspiration can come in those quite times.

Happy Stamping!
Dixie Sue

https://www.etsy.com/listing/494933196/thank-you-cards-tea-cups-set-of-6

No comments:

Post a Comment