Wednesday, March 1, 2017


We are busy, but are we productive?


It's crazy!  Everyone I run in to is running circles around themselves--including me.  We are all so busy.  It doesn't really seem to matter if you job is outside the home or not.  I worked outside the home for almost 40 years.  During that time I raised 3 children, did 4 weddings, and was active in our local church.  I also did side jobs to give us a little extra money when needed. I was busy, but I still had time to sew and keep up with my children's sports and my favorite television program.  BUT NOW---I am working out of my home.  You would think things would take on a slower rate, slow coffee in the morning, afternoon breaks to catch an hour of reading, time to really cook.  Nope.  I am running like a maniac.   Thankfully I have my trusty planner to keep me on track.  
It's time to reflect on all this.  I'm busy, but am I really being productive?  I think I could better myself by stepping off the tread mill for a minute and forming a plan.

1.  I am going to list a "comfortable" amount of things to accomplish for each day.
2.  I am not going to beat myself up if something comes up to prevent accomplishing everything. I don't have to stay up half the night to get crazy things done.
3.  Here is going to be the hard thing for me to do:  I am going to take a little time each day to do something I enjoy to refresh myself.  

I have lots of goals I am working toward in my life and my business. I am going to try this.  Maybe I'll post later to let you know if I was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment